Total Pageviews

Friday, March 2, 2012

Two Tomato Bruschetta

The other night I wanted to have something that was fresh and tasty. I started playing around in the kitchen, and this is what I came up with.

plum tomatoes, diced
green tomatoes, diced
zucchini, diced
minced garlic
onion, diced
olive oil
apple cider vinegar
sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
Italian bread

I combined the first eight ingredients in a bowl and let it sit for a while so that the vegetables would soak in the flavor of the oil and vinegar. Then, I cut the bread in half. I loaded the veggies onto the bread and baked it in the oven for about 10 minutes. When I pulled it out of the oven, the bread was crispy, and the vegetables were heated through. I left it in the oven another five minutes because I was hoping that the vegetables would get a little toasted (that's probably not the right word, but I'm talking about when the tomatoes get a little black around the edges).

I don't know if I took it out of the oven after the five minutes because I was afraid to burn the bread or because I was too hungry to wait while the smell filled the kitchen. In any case, it was delicious! If anyone out there can tell me how to achieve the "toasted" tomatoes without burning the bread, please let me know. I'd love to try this recipe again with even better results.

Here's a pic.


2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I have been at a loss for creating healthy and yummy treats at home. I will try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! Let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete