Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Reboot T2 Day 2

Today was a good day. I slept in, something I hardly ever get to do. I went to the Farmers Market with my son and stocked up on fruits and veggies, which was fun. Then, I cooked a great meal for my family, and watched TV for a bit. I even spent some time watching my son play his video game, and then I got to hang out with my daughter in her room.  It doesn't sound like much, but it took up my whole day. I wish everyday was like this. I like the lack of structure that allows me the freedom to be in the moment and enjoy what I'm doing. Of course, returning to work after the Thanksgiving Holiday will be a quick reality check, but for today I want to relish in the fact that I spent my day in a fluid state of being rather than being controlled by the clock, or a schedule.

As far as my juice fast is going, I did feel a bit weak at one point today, but then I realized it was because I hadn't taken in enough calories. So, I made a very yummy juice with 1 small bunch of kale, 1 large beet, 1 cucumber, 1 zucchini, raspberries, blackberries, 2 very small apples, and l lemon. When I started drinking the juice it felt like someone injected me with energy! The best part was that even after I shared some of it with my hubby, I still had leftovers for myself for later.

I feel so great when I juice, that I hate calling this a fast. When I hear the word "fast," I think of Ghandi and his lemon water. What he did was so noble and for such a great cause. It also makes me think of people who fast for religious reasons. It's all so superior to my wanting to lose weight. It makes me feel like I'm cheating, because not only am I taking in a large amount of calories, but I'm also feeling great. I can't describe how happy it makes me.

Anyway...I went off on a tangent there! Back to business...

I think I may have actually found a plant-based nutritionist in my area. After a lot of searching online, I came across his website. I'm going to call his office on Monday and find out more. It's exciting, but I'm worried about how much each session costs, especially since he didn't have his rate posted on his website. His office isn't exactly around the corner, though, so I'm going to keep looking.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment