Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Getting Started


This is my first attempt at blogging, which is very exciting. I tried being a vegetarian when I was a teenager. It lasted for a pretty long time before my parents put a stop to it. They were right to do it. I wasn’t a true vegetarian; I was just a kid that wasn’t eating meat. I was still eating a lot of junk, and I wasn’t getting the right nutrition. Now that I’m older and smart enough to educate myself, I’m having another go at it.
I’ve done a lot of research, and I’m ready and willing to eat right. I’ve learned how to keep track of my protein and iron intake, as well as various vitamins and minerals. My one problem is that I’m not familiar with vegetarian cooking. Soooo…I’ve found every cookbook and magazine that I own, and I’ve gone through them searching for vegetarian recipes that sound interesting. I’ve also found traditional recipes that I think I’ll be able to doctor up into vegetarian meals. I tabbed and labeled every single recipe—this process took me a few weeks. I’ve even tried a few of the recipes, with some success…and some disasters.
Now comes the fun part. I am going to try one new recipe each day for the next year, and I want to document my journey on this blog…in the spirit of Julie and Julia, except without all of the trying-to-find-myself drama. I just want to learn, learn, learn and have fun sharing what I learn along the way.
I suppose somewhere along the line I’ll learn how to make this blog look exactly the way I want it to look. For now, I’ll be content putting my thoughts down in writing.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I was really scared of starting a blog and not being able to keep up with it, but it's been a lot of fun so far.

      Delete