Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Lost Days

I made a great coleslaw yesterday. It wasn't a mayonnaise type of coleslaw. I used apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, and I used both green and purple cabbage. I served it on top of a big salad, and it was delicious.

I didn't take pictures, unfortunately. But, that's not what I want to talk about today. See, even though I made the salad and coleslaw yesterday, I don't truly remember what I did...not really.

Do you ever come out of a stupor and realize that you've lost a few days???

...not a few minutes, or even hours, but entire DAYS?

That happened to me this weekend, and it seems to be happening to me a lot recently. My daughter says that weekends aren't simply long enough to recover from the work week. Maybe she's right. I spend Friday night and Saturday mornings in a vegetative state. Saturday night, it starts to hit me that the weekend is almost over and that I should clean the house and do laundry because my parents come over on Sundays, so I won't have time to do anything else. Sunday morning there's more cleaning and getting ready. Sunday afternoon with my parents ends around 4pm, and then...oh yeah....I never went grocery shopping...thank God the grocery store doesn't close until 10pm...where did the time go?

I can't even remember anything that happened after coming home Friday afternoon. I mean, I remember the basics that I just listed, but nothing of the details...I must have had conversations with my kids and my husband...I must have listened to music, watched something on TV, or read a book or magazine...but...I just can't remember any of it. What a waste.

I don't want to miss out of the living part of life, you know, the interaction with humans...especially the ones I care about most. If all I can remember is what I'm doing for work, then my priorities are really screwed up. I want to spend time with my family. I want to soak in those moments. **sigh** I need to figure this out before the kids grow up and all they can remember from their childhood is a mom that was there but absent at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Yoda says..."Intense you are!" (It's only funny if you say it with Yoda's voice).

    I have some weekends similar to what you experienced but it is usually after a Friday alcohol binge at the pub.

    BTW don't worry about the picture, this post has quality content!

    ReplyDelete