Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Tomato-Basil Risotto

Tonight, I made a sun-dried and basil risotto. It was my first time ever making risotto, and I was terrified of messing it up, so I didn't walk away from the pot once. 

I found the recipe online at: 
http://vegetarian.about.com/od/ricerecipes/r/sundriedrisotto.htm

The original recipe would have been too much for me, so I made half, and it worked really well. I had just enough left over to take with me for lunch tomorrow so that I can share with a friend.

The one thing that I really paid attention to with this recipe was that having the extra stock on hand was absolutely essential. I kept watching and stirring, and the moment it started to get too dry, I'd add more liquid. I kept doing that until the rice was fully cooked. Hats off to the recipe writer! The instructions were very easy to follow.

Again, no pictures :(

No comments:

Post a Comment