Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lazy Dinner

Tonight I made a quick dinner. I didn't follow a recipe. I just made it up as I went along because I was so tired by the time I got home that I gave up on finding a recipe when I was looking through my books. 

This meal is really more like a picnic/barbecue type lunch, rather than a dinner, but it was yummy, comfort food that I enjoyed very much. So, here's what I did.

1. Thinly slice a baking potato, and arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil on the potato slices. Sprinkle with coarse salt, ground pepper, and chives. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.
2. Heat one veggie burger in the microwave (following package instructions). Cut the burger in half.
3. Cut one slice of pumpernickel bread in half. Spread some fat free mayo and grain mustard on one side. Add lettuce and tomato on that half.
4. Place one burger half on the other piece of bread. Sprinkle some cheddar flavored grated Veggie Slices "cheese" on one half of the burger and heat in microwave until melted. 
5. I used canned vegetarian baked beans that I just had to heat in the microwave.



This wasn't exactly a gourmet meal, but it was good enough for tonight. If I could redo the dish, I'd probably want to have used leftover homemade beans. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment