Total Pageviews

Monday, February 6, 2012

Blah Tomato Soup with Purple Potatoes

Today I had leftover tomato soup. It was a so-so, OK-for-now type of dinner. I made it in a rush yesterday and probably wouldn't want to make it again because it was kind of blah. My family also had leftovers for dinner-baked chicken, rice, and beans out of a can. My kids hate leftovers, and my husband hated the beans, lol. No one was happy...which makes me feel better for some horrible reason or other. Misery loves company, I guess.

Not much to say tonight...when the thoughts stop swirling around in my head, I might have something interesting to write about.

Oh...I do want to say one more thing. I'm in love with purple potatoes. I didn't even know they existed until a few weeks ago. They are just so pretty on the plate, and so rich in taste, that I can't get enough. That was the one saving grace of my soup. I cooked them in the soup, so I had pretty little purple surprises every so often, as I spooned up the soup.

1 comment: