Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crispy Kale

Tonight I made crispy kale for the first time. I believe I followed the online recipe correctly, but I've never eaten crispy kale before, so I may have done something wrong and just not know it. It came out papery thin and crispy, but it was too salty for me even though I used less salt than what the recipe called for. I also would have liked the pieces to be larger.

But, even more disappointing was the fact that I didn't like the taste of the cooked kale, itself. I love juicing kale, and I even like it raw in salads. Granted, I normally enjoy my vegetables raw much more than cooked. But, I can't shake the disappointment that I felt when the taste of the cooked kale vaguely reminded me of grade school cafeteria greens...I remember the extremely overcooked stuff that was served when I was in grade school, as well as the smell that used to make me gag a little as I waited in the lunch line. Of course, the kale I had today was nothing like that goopy school cafeteria slop, but there was definitely a hint of that cooked vegetable taste that I don't like, at all.

Aside from the kale, I baked some yukon gold potato slices with mini portobello mushrooms and roasted peppers, drizzled with olive oil. I also added some salt and pepper. I was too lazy--tired--to make a grain dish. Here's a picture of my boring dinner



Tomorrow, my dinner MUST be more interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Hola Tersita, I'm one of the 3 girls you met in Winn-Dixie today. The address for the Redlands Farmers Market is on US 1 South/SW 244 ST. It's open on Sat - Sun from 9am - 5:30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to meet you today. Thanks for the info. I can't wait to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete