Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Don't Ask; Don't Tell

I'm really happy that my first week of the juice fast is almost over. Today has been the first day that I felt hungry--really hungry--and it wasn't fun. I know I'll feel better by tomorrow morning, but right now I'm feeling a little miserable. Anyway, that's not what I really want to talk about tonight.

I haven't told my parents that I'm doing the juice fast again. They don't like the fact that I've switched over to being a vegetarian, in the first place, and telling them that I'm juicing again would not go over too well with them. I'll have to say something on Sunday, when we have lunch, but I've managed to not bring it up all week.

They don't ask me about my diet either. It's sort of an unspoken uncomfortableness between us. I know they disapprove...they know I'm going to do it anyway...they're glad that I'm losing weight..but, I know that they fundamentally do not agree with a vegetarian diet.  They think it's extreme not to eat meat...I think having to take medication every day for diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, hoping that one day doctors won't have to take a vein from a leg to bypass a clogged one in my heart, is extreme...

In the end, I know they want me to be happy, and I don't want them to feel bad, so they don't ask me about it, and I try not to talk to them about it too much.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post once again...I am enjoying the outer dynamics of this blogging endeavor of yours.

    Every bloke has issues with a parent and it sounds like there is more "baggage" that interferes with you expressing any new thing in your life with mum and dad.

    BTW--any vegetarian concoction for a hangover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, baggage sucks...

      Unfortunately, I don't have a vegetarian concoction for a hangover...sorry about that.

      Delete